Hi mortals, heee..after a long hiatus, here I am again. Bugging you, my lil diary. Hey, I fried doughnut today! It was my first attempt and alhamdulillah, that toroidal shape cake turned out beautifully and the taste was just perfect.
I made two types; baked and fried doughnut. But I like the fried one better because it is softer than the baked one.
Here are the ingredients
2 cups of bread flour
1 tablespoon of margarine/butter
1 tablespoon of sugar
1 teaspoon of salt
2 teaspoon of dried yeast + 3/4 cup of warm water
1. Mix the bread flour, salt, sugar and margarine.
2. Add the yeast mixture and combine together to turn it into a dough.
3. Let the dough rest for about 3 hours
4. When it is ready, take a small amount from the dough and shape it into a round. Press the round dough and make a hole in the middle of it (you can use a bottle cap to make the hole)
5. Fry it and top it with sugar, chocolate or even jam^^. serve with tea or coffee. Perfect
p/s: If only I knew it is this easy to make doughnut, I would have done it a long time ago:P