Gosh, this marks another tick in my wishlist. Finally, I made a proper cake (almost). with, the icing coated the cake. *shed tears* melodrama seyhhh..huhu
Oh, the most important part is, it is not too sweet. Just nice :)
Chocolate cake coated with white icing
1 1/3 cups of self raising flour
1/3 cocoa powder
1 cup of sugar (but I only use 3/4 cup)
1 cup of milk
150 g of butter
1 spoon of vanilla extract
1 1/2 icing sugar (I use 1/2 cup of icing sugar)
5 eggs (white only)
a pinch of salt
1. Melt the butter and whisk it with sugar.
2. Put in eggs and beat.
3. In another bowl, combine the flour and the cocoa powder. mix it well.
4. Add in the flour+cocoa mixture into the other bowl. Whisk.
5. Lastly, the vanilla extract. Pour it in a baking tray.
6. Bake the batter in the preheated oven (170 degree or mark 4) for 40 minutes-ish
7. When it is ready, cool the cake.
1. Mix the white eggs with the icing sugar in a bowl
2. Boil water in a pot. When the water has boiled, put the bowl on top of the pot (sort of to steam it). Stir for about 3 minutes.
3. Whisk the mixture until the texture is really thick like a cotton candy.
Lastly, coat the cake with the white icing. Serve:)