I just had my juadah berbuka. For the past 6 days, I had vegetables soup and rice for berbuka (I have to watch my diet coz of the rashes). But today, I dont feel like eating rice. A few days ago, I bought a packet of green soy bean after I watched Nina's video:
Actually, I've watched it many times. However, now only I decide to give it a try. I have no idea how it tastes and all that. My first impression about the taste (based on the look) is bitter. Okay, let's see its look.
the colour does say "I am bitter! try me if you have the gut!.haha. makan budak! *tibetibe*
I have no idea how to serve this vegetable. So, I googled. The article suggests a simple way to serve this vege which is boil and add some salt to it. These are my Soy bean! oh, in Japan, it is called eda mame (that explains the title ^^)
I still felt a bit unsure (whether to try it or not) even after it was boiled.
After the Azan, I tried one piece first. "Blimey!! this tastes good!" I said. So, I popped one after another into my mouth.huhu. It was fun to squeeze it and the beans went plop! into my mouth. :D I only boiled around 12 eda mames. But, with that toothsome taste, of course I boiled another! huhu. I boiled a lot of them and ate it like snack!
2nd round.huhu ^^
I've googled the benefits of green soybeans. Let's do a little bit of reading:)
#I've highlighted the main points to ease your reading (so sweet ^^)
- These green soybeans are a natural source of antioxidants and isoflavone
- Eating antioxidant-rich foods has been associated strengthening your immune system and with reducing your risk of cancer, hardening of the arteries and neurodegenerative diseases. Isoflavones are phytohormones that may help reduce prostate and breast cancer, diminish the risk of heart disease, lower blood pressure levels and ease menopausal symptoms. Women who are menopausal and have low estrogen levels may benefit from snacking on a handful of edamame daily because of the natural soybean's phytochemical quality
- Vitamins And Minerals
- Anti-Inflammatory Properties
* helps reduce risk of heart disease;
* improves bone health;
* reduce the effects of PMS;
* help reduce certain types of cancer.
If you have any friend who is a doctor, their comments might help to illuminate this fact.
Okay, that's all! Try this ya!:) Go healthy lifestyle!
p/s: rasa dia mcm kacang rebus. sedap!